Friday, December 27, 2013

Copic Christmas Cards

Hi, everyone!  I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to do much blogging before Christmas.  I wasn't able to send out many Christmas cards this year, but I did get a few out (which was better than last year!).  so between now and New Year's, I thought I'd go ahead and post the ones I got done.

I had ordered a couple of cute stamp sets from My Favorite Things--I LOVE their Pure Innoncence line.  I hadn't messed around with my Copics in a very long time.  I guess I've been a lot more focused on my Cricut this year than I have been on stamping.  Anyway, I stamped this little girl on Copic X-Press white in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored some parts with my Copics.  I paper pieced her hat and coat.  The patterned paper is SU's Season of Style--beautiful papers!  There wasn't one I didn't like.  The sketch came from Jen Del Muro's blog--Reverse Confetti.  The little "brads" are the candy dots from SU.  Cardstock is Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive.


This adorable snowman is also from the MFT PI line.  He'd also be good for Valentine's I think.  I used Pool Party CS on a card base of PTI white.  Patterned paper is Winter Frost from SU, as is the bling and embossing folder.


Clearly I need to practice A LOT more with my Copics.  I have sadly neglected them, which is bad because with the class and the expense of the markers, it was quite an investment.  But I'm still pleased with these cards, and I hope you like them as well.

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!  Did anyone get any crafty goodies?  Do tell!

3 comments:

Chris said...

great cards, i so loved mine!! you did such a great job on it!!

Lalia Harris said...

I was just admiring your copics skills when I read that you needed more practice. This is something that I have yet to do well. I like your little snowman!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Your colouring looks fabulous! I just downloaded the digi image of the pure innocence girl with the tree - love the papers you used!