Monday, May 9, 2011

MPS NSD challenge # 5

This challenge was to either make a 3D item or use a 3D item on your project. I chose to use my Everyday Pop Up Cards cart for the very first time! And in fact I don't think I got the pop up portion quite right, but it's pretty cute anyway. For the front of the card I used the Celebrate with a Flourish Lite cart. I ran my More Mustard layer through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. I sponged white craft ink around the edges and sprinkled on white/iridescent ice EP and heat embossed. You'll see why in a sec.
And here it is--a mug of beer for Dad! The layers are cut from vellum CS to look like frosty glass. I added Liquid Applique and Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the foam. Looks pretty cool IRL. But I think the mug is supposed to be rounder--I just couldn't get it quite right. More practice! Still, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Other CS colors are Night of Navy and Cajun Craze, always good man colors.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Chris said...

this is too cute!!

Unknown said...

OMGOODNESS, I love this;)

Angela said...

This is fun, Amy! I love the special effects...vellum, liquid applique, and glitter!