Sunday, September 13, 2009

ODBD Three for Three Challenge Card


I have become quite a fan of Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, particularly since I have been making cards for the church. ODBD is having a challenge to make a pocket card--you can read all about it HERE. I decided to make a double pocket card. You can find the directions HERE. I used SU Afternoon Tea (ret.) and folded according to directions. I made tags from PTI Vintage Cream CS, rounded the corners and used my SU eyelet border punch across the bottom. I used Sing to the Lord and stamped the scriptures on the tags in Close to Cocoa. I sponged with Groovy Guava (SU ret.) and stamped dogwood blossoms in Soft Sky (SU ret.). I added Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon. The butterfly on the front is die cut using SU Sizzix Butterfly die. I repurposed an old PTI stamp box for the die cut and stamped the Amazing Grace Hymn on it in Staz ON Timber Brown. I added pearls (from Hobby Lobby I think).






Here is a picture showing the tags. I absolutely love the way this turned out and hope you do too. I hope everyone had a good weekend and is looking forward to the week ahead. Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Chris said...

very nice card! love the pocket!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Amy, your pocket card is so gorgeous!!! I love the colors you used, your tags are awesome, and the butterfly is so cool! Thanks so much for playing in the ODBD challenge!!!

Jen said...

Beautiful card! Love, love the butterfly!

Lorelie Kim said...

Love the colors and the double pockets!! Thank you for participating in the ODBD challenge!

Banu said...

oooh!! Stunning. I loved the colors and the double pockets. They looks sooooo cool. very pretty.

Beth said...

Beautiful card. I love the sponging you did and the two pockets w/ verses. Lovely.

Grace said...

Oh wow... this is beautiful! I love that dp! I love how you used the hymn and the two sentiments... go so well together! Love the butterfly... very very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!!

Dawn said...

beautiful pocket card!! and you used my favorite set too! love the stamped butterfly...fab job!

Judy Rozema said...

So nicely done!! Thanks for playing along!

Susan said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love it!! That butterfly with the music notes on it is such a beautiful touch. I love that you did a double pocket card with those verses. This is just fantastic!!

Connie M. said...

So very pretty!! Love your transparent butterfly!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous dp and colors. I love your double pocket!! Your transparent butterfly is so creative and beautiful!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - this pocket card is sooo gorgoeus and soft looking!!! Love the double pockets....I still need to try this :)!!! Your butterfly is the perfect addition to it!!!

Thanks you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs~S~

Unknown said...

Amazing, I so love the butterfly and your tags. Great job!

Chrissy said...

these are soooo pretty!